What's so great about fostering a dog?
Easy--you just provided a dog with hope to have a long wonderful forever life!
If that’s not enough reason, we have several more:
1. Fostering gives a dog a second chance at life.
2. Fostering a dog is a wonderful, life-affirming project for the entire family
3. Fostering a dog is fun and rewarding.
4. Fostering a dog offers the company of canines to those unable to make a long-term commitment.
5. Fostering a dog means you can ask for a dog that fits into your lifestyle
The most common question asked: Why did that dog end up in the shelter? Does it have major behavioral issues?
No, not all dogs that end up in rescues or shelters have behavioral issues. Whether it be due to economic issues with the family or the family did not understand the commitment to own a pet, the dog suffers. They don't understand why there were left down a dirt road or left in a ditch to fend for themselves. They know their situation changed drastically and now they need to fend for themselves.
This is where we need your HELP! We "pull" dogs from high kill shelters where they might not ever have a chance at finding a loving home. We go through a series of temperament testing and a health evaluation on all the dogs we help in the shelters. We can only pull the number of dogs for the number of foster homes available.